Friday, August 20, 2010

The dress of the day is so early 1850's :)

I wish I had more time to make a decent long post but sadly had a good bit of cleaning I had to do and now its far too late to make a long post, but even though I have only time enough for a short post ie a dress of the day post, that does not mean it can't be a glorious grand gown, and thats just what this is! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Light brown gorgeous silk taffeta dress from around 1850-54 this great dress is just awesome everything is just lovely about this dress from the gathered smocking at the waist of the skirt and the super princess waist wonderful boning of the bodice, you can also see the beginning of the pagoda sleeves, but these are very much smaller than the pagoda sleeves we are used to like say in the 1860's but you can see they have a look, a very much smaller look but a pagoda look all the same, I also love the lace at the sleeves ah, this dress has everything a good 1850's dress should have and yep you guessed I want it! :)
Tomorrow I will try and make a longer post as I know just one dress is not giving you much :( But its still better than nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment