Thursday, August 19, 2010

Afternoon with the 1860's :)

I know I have not made a post on here in awhile and I am truly sorry for that but I hope to make up for it the best I can, so today we will have a nice small post with lovely 1860's fashion, so lets sit back relax and enjoy the glorious fashions of the 1860's :)

Photobucket
This lovely tin type photo was taken around 1864-66, and the photo is of a beauty of the day, this young lady has her hair done up beautifully and I love her silk gown with heavily lace collar and awesome whitby jet choker the pendent is on a silken cord which would make it far easier to make it into the right choker, she also has a awesome matching pair of bracelets needless to say I would like everything this pretty lady is wearing :)

Photobucket
Wonderful fashion print from Paris showing the latest fashion of the day, Fashion prints came in two forms one in magazines that where more like books than what we think of magazines today and the other is you could buy individual prints from print shops or even from your dressmakers shop, and this was a way women could keep up to date with the new trends coming in, now like I have said before not everyone did follow the new styles, its always been up to the individual.



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Lovely white cotton polk a dot dress this dress is awesome and even though its simple I think its a great dress, this dress is from around 1862-64. And yes I want it! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Wonderful purple and beige cotton fabric with purple trim and buttons and awesome barillo jacket/Zouave jacket I just love this 1862-64 outfit its very sharp and smart, and yep I want it :)


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Super silk plaid Swiss waist, this is a awesome and very beautiful example of a Swiss waist from around 1860-63.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Awesome black lace fingerless mitt gloves these are so awesome and very pretty gloves are from around 1860-62.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Maybe I have saved the best for last heehee, this awesome beautiful black silk and velvet mantel coat is so awesome and gorgeous and I love the silk embroidery and the lace and fringe this is just impressive if you ask me and yep I want it this great coat is from around 1862-65.
Well I hope I made up for not posting in a long time, just been having more problems with my health and of course some computer issues so ie neither of those makes it conducive to making good posts, but I will make up for it I promise :)

2 comments:

  1. OMG I love your blog! I'm so happy you posted a message to me so I could stop by to say hi and see what I've been missing. I'm a follower now :)

    Where do you find all these lovely dresses and things that you photograph. I just adore vintage close and the older the better in my eyes. I just spent awhile reading old posts and have already learned so much. I'll be back for sure. When I have more time to read this whole blog :)

    Glad you could use the Museum tickets. Oh and a little secret... you can print out more then one so if you have time to hit up two in one day you could :)

    Hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you : )And I m so glad you love my blog, I have spent years and years getting images and books on antique fashion and buying old fashion prints also have a good collection of antique clothing myself I have posted a few of my things but intend to post way more, also have collected a good bit of antique jewelry and I have posted some of that and some that I wish was mine, I would get more stuff if I wasn't in a bit of a financial bind now :( My last goodies where a bunch of antique beaded appliques from the 20's which I intend to make at least two dresses out of and I also got a great black silk lace 1920-24 dress it just needs mending under the arm area but I figure once I make those up I will post them two, I just love to share all these beautiful garments with other people who love them too, its expensive to buy the books and it takes time to find the images online too, but I try and put images that are from my own collection and from my books and antique fashion prints and the ones I have found online. As to me all this beauty needs to be shared and loved, I swear I can be in a bad mood but when I look at a online collection lie the Kyto Museum or at my own stuff it just makes me feel all so much better :) I also try and list a lot of photos of the garments so for those out there that sew it will help them make a pattern of the dress they like :) And if you have a favorite time period in fashion let me know I will make you a post :)
    *hugs* back :)
    Wilhelmina

    ReplyDelete