Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday afternoon with the 1900's :)

A afternoon with the turn of the century clothing, I love the 1900's fashion it is all so pretty and to me the turn of the century is always going to be 1900 I can't seem to think of 2000 as the turn of the century, so today I intend to have real garments of clothing and shoes and jewelry and basically everything a elegant lady would need! :)

Photobucket
Photo of a beauty of the day this beautiful lady is dressed smartly in a lovely white linen blouse with ruffles and a black linen skirt which is belted she has her hair up in a perfect Gibson girl hair do, this photo is from around 1900-04.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Gorgeous cream colored silk satin blouse with lots of cream colored lace and a huge bow in the front and tiny bows in the back, this blouse is just gorgeous and if anyone said well we are going to put a huge bow in the front of blouse I would have poo pooed it, but hey it works and not only does it work but its gorgeous this wonderful blouse is from around 1900-06 and I think its just perfect I could see a lady wearing a Gibson girl hair do in this great blouse ah :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Highly ornate black lace and black satin trim and silk chiffon collar, this gorgeous dress is very ornate and very well made I just love it and yep I wish it was mine this dress is an early 1900's gown made around 1900-03.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Yet another Gibson girl top this lovely white linen top with net lace and black and white sequins gives it the appearance of being polk a dot pattern, this wonderful shirt is from around 1902-06 and I think its just lovely it reminds me of something Esther from the movie Meet Me in St. Louis with Judy Garland playing Esther would have worn in that great movie :) And yep I want it :)

Photobucket
Wonderful gold and amethyst and seed pearl necklace this great necklace is from around 1900-04 and I think its just gorgeous and wish it was mine :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Wonderful great black kid leather shoes with four straps and open work dress shoes which are heavily beaded, I really love these dress shoes which have small french heels, I think they are grand and wish they where mine shoes are from around 1900-09.

No comments:

Post a Comment