Monday, July 19, 2010

A rainy wet day with the 1830's :)

Despite the bad weather today I thought I would make a post about the 1830's and the grand fashion of that time, so I hope you all really enjoy it :)


Photobucket
A very stylish and beautiful lady of the day I love her white silk satin gown and the way the pleats are done in the front is one of my favorite trends of the 1830's-40's , now the very interesting thing about this dress is that how small the sleeves are for the time, but some women didn't even go for the big puffed sleeves of the day and the trend only lasted up to like 37, so either this painting is from around 1837-39 or the lady never went with the puffed sleeves style or just this one dress didn't have big sleeves, but either way she looks great and to me is very stylish :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
White silk brocade dress this gown reminds me of the one in the painting but of course they are not the same, but still a very lovely gown, dress is from 1836-38.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Wonderful brown silk brocade shirt this wonderful shirt with huge puffed sleeves is from around 1834-36 and yep I want it heehee :)

Photobucket

Photobucket
Another Wonderful silk brocade shirt now this one is older as I would date it at around 1837-39, and yes I would love this shirt too heehee :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Wonderful light colored brown silk with linen pelerine this dress to me is the quintessential 1830's dress ie this is the kind of dress I think of when my mind goes to 1830's fashion it has the huge puffed sleeves the skirt is perfect ankle length its just the ideal 1830's gown, this dress is from around 1830-35 and yep I want it too :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Wonderful light brown silk brocade boots which laces up on the side these side lace up boots are wonderful and I truly wish they where mine, I know I intend to at some point get a pair of reproduction side lace up boots, also I think these shoes would be perfect for the dress that I listed above, these shoes are from around 1830-39.

Well that does it for today I would have posted more but well I m worn out, I had to go to the Dr today and it wore me out, but I hope this post is liked despite being a bit short :)

No comments:

Post a Comment