Saturday, July 17, 2010

Ah a saturday afternoon with the 1840's :)

Now I know I made a post about the 1840's just a few days ago, but I couldn't help doing another one, so I hope you all forgive me and enjoy this post :)

Photobucket
Wonderful photo of a grandmother and granddaughter from the early 1840's in this photo we see the latest fashion and we also see the fashion of 20 years ago, the little girl is dressed in the latest fashion and the grandmother is wearing a high waisted Empire/Regency dress from around 1820-25 she also has a mob cap from the same time, showing that this lady was not about to give up the fashions of her youth, and I think thats awesome as it shows this old lady knew what she wanted and kept to it :)

Photobucket
Wonderful print of Queen Josephine of Sweden this very fashionable young lady is dressed to the nines and you have to love it :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Wonderful blue and white floral dress with lots of lace I really love this dress and think its gorgeous and wish it was mine, this dress is from 1840-45 and I love it :)


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Wonderful white muslin with lace dress I love how its smocked at the waist also love the layers of fabric, this dress is just gorgeous and perfect for the summer time you know, this great dress was from 1845-48 and yep I want it! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Gorgeous black and green and hot pink stripped gown I love the material its so pretty and the pattern is so cool, I also love the form fitting princess sleeves and the super princess waist on this dress, I would love to own this dress or have a dress just like it, this dress is from 1842-45, and god its great :)

No comments:

Post a Comment