Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Ok yesterday was the 1840's now time for another 40's thanks to the 1940's!

Lets boogie woogie to the 1940's this is right up grandmother Nelly’s time, when she was a young lady, cause remember my grandfather went for a younger girl, which was my super fabulous grandmother Nelly! :) But I do love this time of fashion the clothes the hats the shoes the jewelry all of it! And the music too heehee cause I m odd that way, but I will being posting some great fashion images and pictures of real people back then so enjoy as we boogie woogie to the 1940's, I can hear the Andrew Sisters playing all ready!


Grandmother and Grandfathers wedding
Wonderful photo of my grandmother and grandfather on their wedding day in 1941 I love my grandmothers gorgeous glamorous wedding gown of slipper satin with Venetian lace veil, my grandfather is decked out with his favorite 3 cart diamond stick pin, but sadly grandfather is over shadowed by grandmother Nelly and yep I want her wedding gown! I thankfully have the veil :) so thats good at least :)

Grandmothers wedding
Another photo of my very beautiful and wonderful grandmother, some really pretty women like my grandmother there beauty is only skin deep but not with my grandmother she was beautiful inside and out, and you have to admit she makes a all so stylish bride :) this photo was also taken in 1941.

Photobucket
Wonderful photo of a real beauty of the day, she looks like she could be a Andrew Sister :) this photo was taken around 1942-44.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This dress reminds me of the famous Grace Kelly dress that she wore while getting the Oscar, but its not and its a bit older too, this gorgeous green silk taffeta evening gown this dress is from around 1941-45, and yes I wish it was mine but who wouldn't imagine going to a dinner party in this dress? This is defiantly a WOW dress, if you ask me.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Now from evening wear to afternoon wear but what a grand dress it is, black and red with a super awesome pocket if you ask me, this wonderful outfit is from 1942-46, and yep I want it too :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Now back to another evening outfit this very stylish wiggle dress from 1945-47 is black silk rayon with awesome black sequin trim, I really love this dress and yes I wish it was mine, I would so wear it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Now back to another afternoon outfit smart skirt and smart looking jacket top this outfit is made of purple wool and cotton blend lovely pattern woven in the fabric, this dress is from 1940-44, and yep I wish it was mine too!

Photobucket
Wonderful gold and sapphire necklace and matching earrings I love the design its so a mix of deco and modern but it is truly beautiful and yep I want it too heehee this necklace is from around 1940-48.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I m lucky enough to have this great 1940-44 black silk rayon with hot pink rayon trim and hand cut black glass beads I bought this dress two years ago and had to bid for my life to get it, and am all so very thankful that I won it, so I m posting pics of me in it and pics of the listing of it, so you guys can all take in its gorgeousness and its truly lovely and its very comfy to wear also :)

Photobucket
Wonderful black with vines and floral motif platform shoes and god I want them!



So I hope this post made up for missing one the other day and having a short one yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment