Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A evening with the 1840's :)

I wish this post could be a good long one but sadly it must be made short as I have to go get my meds and get something to eat, but I will make up for it tomorrow, i know yesterday i did not make a post but it wasn't my fault someone sent my computer a awful virus sigh and my fiance is trying to fix it, so now i have to use his :( But its better than nothing mind you and because of him I can post this lovely post today for you all even if it is a short one.

Photobucket
Wonderful tin type photo of a beauty of the day she has the side curls that where indeed so in, and i understand why it can give any lady a soft pretty look to them, this photo is from around 1845-49.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Wonderful gorgeous iridescent blue silk dress with much smocking this dress is just a great great example of 1840's fashion, and I have to admit its in great condition for its age, now you must imagine the skirt puffed out a bit as it look rather flat and thats just because it doesn't have the allotted petticoats underneath it to puff it out just right but this great dress is from around 1840-45 and I just adore it and wish it was mine. So see even though this post was short I gave you a really great dress and a photo of a very stylish and pretty lady of the day so ie I made it good after all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment