Monday, June 21, 2010

Ok splurge time! And what I mean by splurge time is hats glories hats!

I love hats and think they are a great accessories to anyones wardrobe whether its a simple straw hat or a big bonnet with all the trims I love it, and I love antique hats and reproductions and the best place for new and reproductions is Fleur de Paris in New Orleans I have been getting hats there since I was a kid in the 80's and the designer was Randy who is now retired, now don't get me wrong the new designer is really good and Nicole loves hats and everything vintage I even went there this spring and showed her my Charles Frederick Worth capelet and she loved it, but I love going there and saving my money up and having a hat made for me,I am posting a link to them and a few pictures of me in my last hat I bought from them which is very 1870's-1880's looking very much, now I have to admit they are expensive but its one of the few things I will splurge on, and I have to admit the workmanship is exquisite and worth the couple of hundred you can spend on them, like I said just save up for them, and its always a good excuses for a trip to New Orleans one of my all time Favorite places in the world :)

Fleur de Paris
That is the link to there web site, now you can order it, but its better to go into the shop make sure you get all the trim or feathers you want and most important that the hat fits you, and even if you try on a hat there that you have to have but it doesn't fit you they will fix it and make it to fit you, you got to love that :)

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photos of the front of the shop in New Orleans :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This is one of my early hats from them desingned by Randy, I got this hat in 89 when I was 10 its styled after the 20's cloche hat, and made of swiss straw and pink silk with antique pink silk flowers, the hat is tight on me now, but thank fully I can still wear it and I just really love this hat I ended up wearing this hat for mothers day this year and even though I have had it for years and years I got a lot of complements and as you can all see its great and very pretty :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This is the hat I just got from them done by Nicole this beautiful 1870's-1880's styled hat is just wonderful straw with black satin ribbon and feathers I just love it, in one of my pics i m wearing my Worth :) Hope you all enjoyed, and as always more to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment