Tuesday, June 22, 2010

1870's Ah what beauty~

Todays post will have some awesome 1870's dresses and shoes and
jewelry so ie lots of cool stuff that we can all enjoy :)

Photobucket
Wonderful early 1870's photo of a lovely lady with her hair done up in a very ornate hair do and this pretty lady has definitely spent a lot of time getting her hair just right! And the perfect dress and earrings for her picture, but I have a feeling this young lady got all dressed up most likely every day she seems just like the pretty stylish lady type :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Wonderful lovely purple silk dress from around 1872-73 this great dress made of purple silk and purple silk and dark purple velvet bows that go all the way from the top of this dress to the bottom, I think thats neat :) Also love the pleated sleeves and the fake laced up back on the back of this dress all and all I think this is a great dress and I wish it was mine so I could wear it! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Wonderful gorgeous lovely white satin ball gown/wedding gown as it could be used for both and most likely was this early 1870-72 dress is just glories and yes you got it right I want it! But who wouldn't? This wonderful dress with lovely scalped trim and wonderful pleats is very lovely but also very reminiscent of the 1860's with the full skirt but still very 1870's with its wonderful bustle, this American made gown is just as well done as if it had been made in Paris, and I stand by this dress on that!

1876
Now sadly I only have one picture of this great dressed made in 1876, this lovely light blue silk bustled dress with all the wonderful trim and lace god I love this dress and yep I wish I had this one too, and why not? Its gorgeous :)

Photobucket

Photobucket
Wonderful blue satin whale bone corset with super embroidery, I do a lot of embroidery work and I have to say the embroidery work on this is superb this corset hooks in the front and laces in the back and is from around 1873-77.

my 1870's gold earrings
Wonderful gold and turquoise earrings from 1870-75. and thank fully I don't have to say I so want these as I own these heehee and thats my ear wearing them :)

Photobucket

Photobucket
These awesome childrens boots with Original box are from 1870-75 I love these button up boots which had the size marked on the box as size 4 width D I have never found a pair of antique shoes with the original box, I just got these 2 images yesterday and was so excited about it, I bugged my fiance about them and as you can see am now posting them for all of you to enjoy too :)

Photobucket
I figured since I posted some awesome kids boots I would post a picture of a very pretty little girl in a very stylish dress. Childrens clothing back then was just as grand as clothing for adults as you can tell in this picture, I intend to have some more posts with childrens fashion, as a lot of it was just gorgeous and had its own style, inless we are in the 1700's then it was exact copies of there mothers clothing I don't mean matching but just a miniature version of the grown ups gowns, but in the 1800's you really see a real childrens clothes ie there own style, now back to this little girl she has a very pretty velvet dress with long waist and small bustle and a small ruffled collar she also wears a gold locket which most likely held her parents photos, this photo was taken around 1875-78.
And as always more to come I hope you all enjoyed this lovely summer splash of 1870's fashions! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment