Monday, August 2, 2010

A summers nights dream with the 1870's :)

As we all know I love the 1870's and especially the bustle trend and long trains, so I thought I would post some nice ones for this evening.

Photobucket
Wonderful painting of a beauty of the day this lovely lady is wearing a great garnet red silk and silk moire colored bustled gown and I love the matching gold bangle bracelets and also how she puts her own fashion twist by pinning a rose to the waist of her dress, which I think is a nice touch :) Painting is from around 1873-76.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Awesome top of a bustled outfit, sadly it is missing its skirt, but at least we have the top, and I love this black and white ensemble a off white fine linen with scalloped edges and black silk with black silk buttons now sadly the silk is not only fraying but splitting too, it could be dry rot, I m not sure, but despite the damage to this garment I really love it and wish it was mine this top is from around 1870-73 :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
White muslin wonderful airy summer gown that is so translucent, I really love this summer gown and wish it was mine dress is from around 1875-79.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Who says matching up stuff is a new thing huh? This super ensemble of cranberry red silk is super awesome and I love the matyching button up boots, now this dress is made for a young girl/lady aged 14-16 and what a perfect gorgouse dress for any teenager, I wish it was mine! :) This great dress is from right at 1870 and it still has many aspects of the 1860's, but all and all this is a great example of 1870's fashion all the way down to the matching button up boots and I will take the boots too :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Wonderful dark blue velvet and gold lame trim military styled jacket with lots of lace, I think this jacket is just great, and have always thought military styled clothing is for the most part very pretty and stylish, a lot of people think this is a fairly new trend but not at all as far back as queen Christina of Sweden from the mid 1600's up to her death in 1689 she was still fond of military clothing and well lets face it anything manly in styles, but I get side tracked yet again, what I m trying to say is we see great military styled clothes for women is far back is the 1600's to even now, but now is not as good as back then :) And this great jacket is from around 1878-79 and I love it :) and P.S. I do intend to make a post about famous women and the trends they started as I think that will be a good post but it may take me more than one post mind you.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Gorgeous pink silk and pink and white linen striped bodice, this gown is all so elegant and beautiful even the way it laces up in the back is grand I really can't say enough good things about this grand gown and yes you got it I want it! :)

Photobucket
Awesome purple and white lace up boots from around 1875-79 and yep I want it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
heavily bustled purple and white gown that is exactly from 1870 and very modern to the time ie its so up to date on the style of the day I would not be surprised if it didn't come from Paris, but even if it didn't this gown is great and gorgeous and I want it and the boots up above cause they look like they where made for each other ahhh soooo pretty and I so want :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Wonderful cream and biege colored silk and silk brocade with leaf pattern to it, I love the hand cut clear glass beads they are just great I think everything about this gown is great and wish it was mine this lovely dress is from around 1877-79 and it is perfect if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment