Sunday, August 1, 2010

Ah a lovely evening with the 1700's :)

Now sadly I do not have the time to make a long 1700's post but I figure I could put a few really nice 1700's things in here for all of you, but I promise tomorrow I will make a much longer and better post :)

Photobucket
This is a interesting photo, one it is an antique photo that was taken around 1904-08, this photo with many others had lovely models wearing antique garments for a book that came out in the mid 1900's, I don't remember the exact release date but I have been looking for a copy of this book for a long time, because it was done correctly and just had perfect real garments for both men and women from around the early 1700's on, I am however lucky enough to have some photos of these models wearing these great garments from the past and even the photos are taken so well I think I just love it :) Now this lovely lady is wearing a American made dress and apron from 1770-74 the dress is a mix of silk and quilted silk underskirt and embroidery apron, now with quilted skirts or quilted petticoats they first came in for warmth but then became popular because of the patterns you could incorporate with the quilted design, but this outfit is not only in good condition but very charming if you ask me.


Photobucket
Awesome yellow silk dress with super embroidery I love how the embroidery design reminds me of old illuminated manuscripts this awesome dress is just great and I so wish I had more than one image of it, but sadly no :(

Photobucket
Awesome great beige silk gown from around 1765-72, I love this highly ornate gown and really wish it was mine everything about this gown is great :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Wonderful pink and white and green striped silk gown with Watteau back this wonderful dress is from around 1768-72. The reason that kind of back got its name is a famous French artist by the name of Watteau mainly painted women, and women wearing this free flowing back to their gowns so thats how it got its name :)

No comments:

Post a Comment