Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The dress of the day is all so 1950's :)

This dress is indeed the quintessential 50'd dress I could see Lucy wearing it or Elizabeth Taylor Its a great dress no doubt about it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Wonderful gorgeous iridescent blue silk taffeta, the material alone make me swoon its so grand, this dress is defiantly inspired by Dior dress, as we know ho much Dior loved “Victorian Styles” He incorporated them at every turn he could with the Caroline and the bustle, but I do wonder what Mr. Dior would think of his company now? And how very far they have gone from his ideal elegant lady look, I just hope he can't see it cause I know he would cry :( But I get side tracked yet again, this great 1952-55 silk taffeta dress is just incredible in my option everything from the material to how its sewn together and the little belt what a nice touch, and a very much inspired by Dior :) I need to make a post about Dior at some point he is such a fascinating man and all so talented.
Anyway I hope you enjoyed this dress of the day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment