Friday, July 30, 2010

This post on 1900's and 1910's fashion is for “Making Changes”

I wanted to make a nice post about wonderful fashions from the 1900's and 1910's ie its time for great Edwardian fashion! And I have deiced to make a nice post for “Making Changes” As she said these two eras are her favorites :) I was going to make it yesterday but sadly I had to go to the hospital :( But I m trying to make up for it today :)

Photobucket
Awesome hand colored photo of a beauty of the day who has a awesome dress and hat on this picture is from around 1910-12.

Photobucket
Wonderful painting of a beauty from around 1917-18 :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Black net and satin and blue satin ribbon at the waist and also trim at the top, I really like how this dress is layered, this great dress is from around 1915 and I really wish it was mine :)


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1912
Wonderful gorgeous beige silk satin gown with detachable beaded collar, now most gowns like this would not have a detachable beaded collar but this one does which I find unique and beautiful, this great gown is from around 1908-10 and yep I want it too! :)

1907

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


1907

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Wonderful gorgeous cream silk wedding gown with all sooo much lace, I truly love this 1907 wedding gown from all the lace to the very long train, and god yes I want this dress!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Awesome pink and black silk gown , this awesome dress is from around 1916-17 and yep I want it too :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Lovely very light pink colored silk with lots of fine lace and awesome silk rosettes of different colores everything from purple to light pale green to light super pale pink, this dress is just grand and very lovely dress is from around 1913-14, and yep I want it too :)

Photobucket
Awesome purple silk striped ribbon and black lace net this awesome skirt is just so pretty and I wish to god I had more than one picture of it, but hey at least I have the one, this great skirt is from around 1903-05.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket
Wonderful black silk taffeta with black net and lots of hand cut jet glass black beads dress is from around 1914-16 :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Awesome black velvet with black silk trim coat styled top, this top is all so pretty and all sooo Edwardian, and I just love it, its from around 1903-06.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Awesome purple gown with wonderful beading and gold embroidery, this highly ornate gown is from around 1911-12, and god I so want it :)


Photobucket
Awesome black and white evening gown with hand cut jet black glass beads this dress is from around 1913-14 and yep I want it too :)

Well thats it for my post and I hope you all enjoyed it :)

4 comments:

  1. Wilhelmina, this post is like a surprise birthday present. What a lovely thing to do. I love this post and the photos with details.

    Thank you so much. You are so thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome, I am so glad you liked it :) Those dresses I have had the images for years now, but I still get a kick out of looking at them, they are all soooo pretty :) But I m glad it made your day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. !!!!OH WOW!!!! lol that beaded dress is incredible and the skirt striped with netting amazing. Thank you BOTH for these inspiring photos, which I am so HAPPY to have seen on this day. Nice to "meet" you and your blog, Wilhelmina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you enjoyed my post Millie, and its very nice to meet you too :)

    ReplyDelete