Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ah the 1890's you got to love it! :)

Today I am making a wonderful post about the 1890's and the incredible fashion of the time :)

Photobucket
Photo of a beauty of the day this pretty young lady is wearing awesome silk taffeta plaid blouse this photo is from around 1894-95.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Wonderful white silk brocade tafeta dress from around 1896-97 this great dress would be perfect for a ball or fine dinner, I truly love this dress and just think its great and yep wish it was mine :)


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Wonderful floral brocade with lots of lace and awesome black velvet belts, this divine gown is from around 1898-99 and yep I want it :)


Photobucket
awesome silk taffeta blouse that is all so 1894-95, this kind of shit is what I think of when I think of the 1890's ie huge puffed sleeves of course I think the same thing with the 1830's or 1630's its just huge puffed sleeves seem to embody those time periods to me even though in 1830 the puffed sleeve was out by 1837/38 and the puffed sleeve was out by 1897 but even so if I think of those three time periods I think huge puffed sleeves heehee :)

Photobucket
Sadly I only have one picture of this awesome 1895-96 blue silk taffeta dress with huge puffed sleeves and I love how the lace is in such a unique position :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Awesome white silk gown with high collar and puffed sleeves this gown is simple but yet stunning, I have always said that a good dress maker can make a simple gown grand especially if they know what they are doing, and who ever made this 1896-97 gown really did know what they where doing :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket
Wonderful yellow silk gown with puffed sleeves and beaded trim at the waist and top and sleeves, this great dress is from around 1896-97.


Now my next post for tomorrow will be for “Making Changes” It will either be a 1900's or 1910's or maybe a bit of both :)

No comments:

Post a Comment