Friday, May 21, 2010

Flowers flowers 1880’s style! That is the dress of the day :)

As we all know I love the 1880’s I love bustled gowns trains and wonderful fabrics that you could only get back then cause as we all know the fabrics today are not the fabrics of the past, today we are lucky if the clothes we buy today will last 10 years, in the past they wanted the clothes they made to last forever ie no disposable clothing, and I think its sad that we have gotten to this point in history where everything is made so disposable especially the fashion and the sad thing is if you get into designer fashion its just over priced clothing but no high fabrics and once again we are lucky if it lasts 10 years, and I know I have heard some people say oh these women only wore these dresses once, wrong unlike today where the rich only want to wear a gown once back then they would wear it again and again and then keep and store it…Ah once again I got side tracked sorry, back to the dress.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Wonderful beautiful amazing burgundy velvet with a silk floral print in the front and cut silk flowers that are sewed all over the bodice and around the sides of the bustle this dress also has a huge train with awesome awesome lace I love the lace pattern on here just amazing, ie I love this gown and wish I had it cause I would wear this out and just enjoy every minute of it :) Great dress from around 1880-84.

No comments:

Post a Comment